When it comes to wedding rings, we always see a plethora of metals. It can be gold, silver, or any other metal, but we rarely see wedding rings made of wood.
Wooden wedding rings give that exquisite vibe to couples that want to steer away from traditional rings. This can be useful as well, especially if you are allergic to metals.
Aside from these reasons, wooden rings are also eco-friendly. They bring about an unparalleled connection with nature.
As straightforward as it may sound, choosing the best wooden wedding rings can also be confusing. There is a wide array of designs to choose from.
#List Of The Top 5 Wooden Wedding Rings – Editor’s Pick:
Top 10 Best Wooden Wedding Rings Review
Let us help you find the perfect ring for your once in a lifetime occasion. Here are your choices.
1. King Will Wedding Ring – Nature Koa Wood Wedding Ring
Make your “I do” moment extra special with these wooden rings specially made of Hawaii Koa wood and tungsten carbide.
With these rings, you can take your pick from four different colors – rose gold, blue, black, or silver. Whatever color you may choose, you are assured of a perfect ring that is as perfect as your love for each other.
These rings come in just about 1/3 of an inch thick. While not exactly the thickest in the market, the rings are durable and will last you for a lifetime. Each ring has a solid feel to it. Not only is this solid, but this is also attractive, especially as it catches the light.
We love the warm feel of the ring when placed on your fingers. It has nice and smooth edges that make these rings comfortable to wear.
They may be a bit large for some, but if you don’t mind the size, this is a perfect ring for your wedding.
- Comes in four different colors
- Made from Hawaii Koa wood and tungsten carbide
- The ring has a warm solid feel when worn on your fingers
- Nice and smooth edges
- May be a bit larger for some
2. Vakki 8mm Hawaiian Koa Wood and Abalone Shell Wedding Bands
This band is everything you need a ring to be. It comes with a synthetic opal in a blue-green shade that shines, especially when it catches the light.
Each ring is made of a combination of tough-to-break tungsten carbide. It is well-crafted and shows a lot of durability and scratch-resistance. Despite the test of time, you are assured of the ring to maintain its luster and shine.
The sizes are unisex and can fit most fingers. Inlaid into the ring surface is an abalone shell that provides for a stunning look when touched by the light. And finally, there is the Hawaiian Koa wood inlay. Set into two sides of the abalone shell is the Koa wood inlay that brings with it an ounce of beauty.
The ring is built with comfort in mind. Its inner surface provides a comfortable feeling when worn. When it comes to wooden wedding rings, nothing can be as right-fitting and comfortable as these bands.
- Comfortable to wear
- Made of tungsten carbide and Hawaiian Koa wood
- Well-crafted and durable
- The ring’s surface is made of abalone shell
- It is difficult to engrave on these bands
3. King Will Duo Dome Brown Wedding Band
With four sizes to choose from, you have all the reason to get this pair of wedding bands.
The ring comes with an enamel matte brown wooden surface that looks elegant from the outside. Its inner layout is made of tungsten carbide that comes in rose gold color. Because of its neutral colors, the ring is ideal for both men and women.
One thing that sets this ring apart from the others is its display of great workmanship. Its high-polish smooth surface provides you with so much elegance.
The ring is also comfortable to wear. It has rounded edges, is thick and heavy, and can comfortably stay on your fingers all day long. As it comes in four sizes, you can easily choose which size fits you well.
We like it that despite scratching the ring, it will never leave any marks.
It is scratch-free and durable; a good symbol of strength and undying commitment until the end of time.
- Built to last with tungsten carbide
- Comes in an enamel matte brown wooden surface
- Scratch-free properties
- Offers four sizes
- The rings may feel heavy for some
4. Three Keys Jewelry Koa Zebra Wood Arrows Wedding Rings
This is a unique wooden wedding ring that you can surprise your partner with.
Specifically made using a combination of Koa and Zebrawood inlay, the ring is made to provide a unique and exotic look on your finger. A touch of tungsten carbide adds to the ring’s durability. This ensures that the ring lasts you for as long as your love does.
A hunting arrow inlay is used for decorative purposes. The ring has a shiny finish that adds to its appeal. One other feature that is worth embracing is the smooth edges the ring comes with, making this one of the most comfortable to wear.
It has an appealing design that is nothing but a great representation of your commitment and love for each other. Its edges, colors, and construction are enough reasons for any couple to get this for their wedding symbols.
Also, it comes in rose gold and silver wood colors. The ring is also available in two sizes.
- Available in two colors and two sizes
- Made using a combination of Koa and Zebrawood inlay
- Tungsten carbide adds to its durability
- Smooth edges for comfort
- Tends to scratch and easily wear over a few weeks
5. NDJewelry Wood Plastic Resin Ring
Sizes are available in 6.5, 7.5, 8.5, 10, and 11. This means for every finger size, there is a corresponding ring available.
This beautiful ring for her is handmade, which makes it more special. It is made of wood and silver foil. Both wood and silver foil are comfortably embedded inside a resin material, giving this a unique but pretty look.
The ring design comes in an ocean blue color. It’s beautifully-crafted and will look good on her fingers. Just one look at the ring, and you know it’s durable.
Moreover, the ring’s finish is smooth. When under the glare of the light, it even provides a shiny finish that can capture anybody’s attention.
And despite its shiny appearance, the ring has anti-scratch properties, so you know you can retain its looks for a long time. Also, it’s lightweight, making this one of those that’s worth the bucks.
- Comes in five different sizes
- Has a unique but beautiful design
- Boasts anti-scratch properties
- Durable and will stand the test of time
- The ring is available for women only
- It may be a bit bulky
6. Metal Masters Co. Wedding Band – Metal Masters Jewelry Reviews
This ring is cobalt-free. It is made with weighty tungsten carbide metal that is sure to last you for many years. And its durability can be attributed to the quality of materials used to manufacture the ring. The wood inlay is Koa with a deer stag silhouette for its design.
While most rings come in pairs for both men and women, this ring is for men only. It comes in 8mm sizes. Created with rounded edges, the ring can comfortably fit on your fingers.
Your purchase of this ring comes with a jewelry box. This provides for a secure place where you can keep the ring when not worn.
This is a comfort-fit band. It’s contoured on the inside, making it more comfortable to wear. You must know, however, that comfort-fit bands are about 0.5 size larger than other rings when it comes to its sizes. When getting this ring, choose the next smaller size.
- Scratch resistant finish
- A high-polish band that is comfort-fitted
- Center of the ring is inlaid with genuine Koa wood
- Comes with a complimentary jewelry box
- Sturdy and strong construction
- Inconsistency with the sizes
7. iTungsten Wedding Bands
If there is one thing this brand boasts, it is the accuracy of their sizes.
The ring is available in three different colors, which gives you more options to choose from. This is made of Koa wood. The combination of wood and the tungsten carbide material provides for a unique and attractive look.
Each ring is accurately-sized. As such, you can be sure that there will be no concerns about the ring being too small or too large. But we need to highlight, as these rings are comfort-fitted, you need to get the smaller-sized option when hesitating between two sizes.
Each ring is constructed with a smooth finish. It is scratch-resistant and will never tarnish. The rings are also cobalt-free. They’re lightweight and expertly-made. These rings are perfect not just for weddings but for anniversaries and engagements as well.
To top it all off, the manufacturer is one of the most trusted in the United States. The rings they sell come at affordable prices, reason enough why they’re trusted and preferred by most.
- Perfect not just for weddings but for other occasions as well
- Scratch-resistant and will never tarnish
- Accurate sizes
- Some may find the ring too thick
8. Nuncad Handmade Crushed Fire Opal Wedding Ring
Setting this apart from the rest of the pack is its construction. Made from genuine opal that is hand-inlaid, this ring is a great option for gifts or weddings.
The ring is made of tungsten carbide. Squeezed in between an elegant black material are two strips of Koa wood. Nestled in between the Koa wood is the crushed opal. Such a design provides for a look that’s more unique than other rings in the market.
Your purchase also comes with a velvet ring box that provides better options for storage.
Because it is made from high-quality tungsten, the ring is built to last. It is created to be tough, so you can wear it anywhere, anytime without fears of it breaking or getting scratched.
Aside from it being ideal for the outdoors and an active lifestyle, its design is also elegant enough to accentuate your formal looks.
This is undeniably one of the most beautiful we’ve included in the list so far.
- Made to last
- The crushed opal is hand-inlaid and provides for a unique look
- A purchase comes with a velvet box for storage
- Versatile and can be worn on different occasions
- There are a few small gaps in the setting of the stones
9. Jude Jewelers Transparent Ocean Style Wedding Ring
Our next entry is one of the most beautiful on this list.
Made with high-quality materials, this ring is a combination of premium resin and wood. It has a unique pattern and design that would sit just right on any occasion. Whether it is a cocktail party, an anniversary, or a wedding, these bands are sure to comfortably blend right in.
The construction is a bit thick at 2.5mm. Despite the size, it is lightweight and can be worn, whether at work or at home. It is even durable enough to hold itself together during workouts; it is that strong.
The ring has a shiny finish and has anti-scratch properties.
What we would like to be improved in this ring, though, is its edges. It can be a little bit smoother than it is now.
Aside from this minor concern, we think this is a pretty decent choice for a ring.
- Shiny finish
- Unique design
- Can be worn on any occasion, even during workouts
- Anti-scratch properties
- Durable and will last for many years
- A bit thicker than other brands
- Its edges need to be a bit smoother than it currently is
10. Doux Gold Plated Tungsten Wooden Wedding Band
Because of its subtle elegance, this ring is one of the most preferred by men. It looks unique yet beautiful and exquisite.
The ring is made from a rare but genuine white shell. It has a Koa wood inlay that provides for a touch of elegance. Its classic appearance is what pulls men toward this ring.
Because of its high-grade materials, this ring is durable beyond compare. It can be worn every day, and you can rest assured this will last you for many years. Aside from that, this is comfortable on your fingers as well.
These rings are meticulously crafted. They are scratch-resistant and will retain its looks even after a long time. We also like it that upon purchase, the ring comes in a delicate jewelry box. Not only that, but it also comes with a chic bag.
If you are the kind that prefers simple yet beautiful designs, this ring is a perfect fit.
- Made of tungsten carbide and Koa wood that is attributed to its durability
- Classic and elegant look
- Comes with a jewelry box and a chic bag
- Bulky and not as lightweight as the other brands
Why to Choose Wooden Wedding Rings
When we have anything difficult to sort out, we look at nature for solutions. Exactly this is what paved the path to bring wooden wedding rings to fruition. You might see your friend wore a stylish, eye-catchy handcrafted wood wedding band and you started to grow inquisitive of having one.
Notwithstanding, that wasn’t the case when it first emerged rather it was all they had when they started crafting things. Luckily, that deficiency turned out to be a blessing with various conveniences.
- The concept might be fairly fresh in some part of the world, but those who are well aware of fashion trends, are quite familiar with the idea. Choosing one means you are wearing an extremely fashionable and one of the trendiest pieces of finger bands available out there.
- Having sensitivity to metal doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t make your wedding special. Being hypoallergenic makes it the best suitor when you are convinced to try something out of box owing to skin issues.
- Other than the health benefits, by using those you are doing a favor to Mother Nature too. Mining for precious stones and metals often time cause serious damage to the environment. In addition to that they are not renewable resources and the modification process results carbon emission. Which also acts as the driving force behind wooden rings growing popularity.
- Possibility of endless experiments with design lured people with an artistic mind to try out wood. Besides, each wood comes with distinct color, texture and shows unique character. Which make them compatible with a wide range of clothing styles.
- Last but not least, affordability. Wedding arguably the most exorbitant event you host in lifetime. No matter how hard you try, expenses went out of control. But, with wooden wedding ring, it’s super comfy in terms of finance. Price might vary with respect to manufacturer as well as quality it comes in, nonetheless they are almost always reasonable.
How to Make a Wooden Wedding Ring
Dreaming of a unique wooden wedding ring doesn’t cost you anything but making one by yourself do. A number of tools and materials needed for that artwork, since, having a lathe machine aren’t the usual practice, unless you are a professional.
Materials and instruments need to materialize a customized wooden wedding ring:
- Wood (strong and dense enough)
- Glue (for wood)
- Saw (scroll saw, or band saw will be perfect, but can be expensive, while a hacksaw would be okay)
- A hole cutter
- Electric drill with large diameter bit
- Dremel tool
- Sandpaper of 100 to 500grit
- A heat gun and a bit of Tung Oil would be handy
Let’s get down to work. Choose a piece of wood, which can be solid or you can go with a few layers of wood to add versatility. In case of layers apply wood glue in between the layers so that they form a whole and hold them for 20 to 24 hours for better result. On the other hand, solid wood is less bothersome. Just slice it in appropriate thickness.
Make a hole in the wood, which is the inner surface of the ring, by using a hole cutter or electric drill with spade bit. Make sure that its diameter is less than that of your finger. Now apply sandpaper or Dremel with the sanding wheel to make it to your finger size. Check frequently so that it doesn’t end up as oversized.
Now make another hole of your desired diameter around the inner one. Apply above sanding process to smoothen it up. Now it’s time to give the finishing touch. Melt some beeswax and mingle with Tung oil. Coat your ring with the blend. If you wish to have more stable and long lasting coating, go with Polyurethane Clearcoat. Your ring is all set to amaze!
Do Wooden Wedding Rings Last?
We use thousands of various embellishments, but nothing can last everlastingly. And wooden wedding rings are no exception. But, those bands can hold up longer than usual if few boxes being ticked accordingly during manufacturing.
Choose wood that shows better durability characteristics and less prone to wear-and-tear. Water, saves our life, notwithstanding, takes a sweeping toll on wood. Make sure that your finger band is removed before wash your hand. Use of quality glue in multi layered ring guarantees enhanced longevity.
Apply protective coating or varnish for environmental protection. Periodical maintenance also crucial to get the best out of a wooden ring. The trend of mixing metal with wood is being increasingly popular these days. Just because they look stunning is not the solitary rationale. This fusion gives the much needed stability to the ring.
Weddings are beautiful occasions. They’re special.
It is, thus, understandable that we all want weddings to be perfect.
When it comes to wooden wedding rings, we want nothing but a ring that can symbolize the endless love we have for our spouse. It is therefore important that we get only the best wooden wedding rings for such a special occasion.
Before the bells ring, have you chosen a wedding band?